|Turners & Growers TAG standard
©Chestnut Traders 2002
With help from NetInsites
Turner & Growers' Chestnut
NZCC, Turners and Growers Ltd and NZ Chestnut Council have agreed
the following grade standards for all fresh chestnuts handled by
them, as part of their TAG programme :-
- All chestnuts must be washed and free from all foreign matter
including soil, grass, leaves, and twigs and not show any signs
of mould or active rots.
- All chestnuts must be whole and free of unhealed splits, cuts,
punctures, holes, insect or vermin damage.
- Any fruit that does not look like a normal chestnut and is
not pleasing to the eye is not acceptable.
- T A G 1 chestnuts must comply with the above standards
and be at least 29mm in diameter, measured on the widest side,
and require no more than 70 fruit to make up one kilogram.
- T A G 2 chestnuts must comply with the above standards
but are free of minimum size and weight restrictions.
New Zealand Chestnut Council issues recommendations for orchard
hygiene and harvest and storage protocols.
Back to Quality | Home